Manuscripts / Autographs
Here selected manuscripts and autographs from Archive of the Francke Foundations and its depository holdings are presented in digital format. Transcriptions for specific documents are also shown.
At present, the following topics can be found:
- Manuscripts from the time of the Reformation
- Letters concerning Züllichau/Sulechów and the orphanage there
- Ego and life documents
- Letters of the first and the last pastor of the community of the Salzburger emigrants in Ebenezer, Georgia, in North America, Johann Martin Boltzius (1703-1765) and Johann Ernst Bergmann (1755-1824)
- Manuscripts of the Danish-Halle Mission with selected palm leaf manuscripts
- Oriental manuscripts
- Medieval manuscripts
- Letters of Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- Letters of Alexander von Humboldt
- Letters of Henrik Steffens
- Letters and manuscripts from the estate of the geologist Christian Keferstein
- Correspondence of the missionaries in Australia with the Lutheran Missionary Society in Dresden
For a comprising research in all documents of the archive please use the Archive Database.
Index of Persons
The tab Index of Persons is used to call up and list the names of persons included in the collection Manuscripts / Autographs in alphabetical order. If you click on the name, the biography of the person is listed. Below that, up to three assigned titles are displayed in short form with a preview image and sorted by date. If necessary, further titles can be called up via the button [VIEW ALL]. Clicking on a short title or the preview image leads to the complete title display if the person is listed in the metadata. If a person is not in the title record but in the transcribed text of a manuscript, a preview with the text excerpt is called up first. Clicking on this will take you to the display of the page on which the person in question appears. Please note that persons appearing in the metadata of documents that have been transcribed are only displayed via the title record. It is recommended to search for the person you are looking for in the transcribed text using a separate search query in the field "Search in document".
It is also possible to search for biographies starting from the title record. For this purpose, persons who have a GND number are marked with a person symbol in the metadata. If a person does not have a GND number, no connection to the Bio-bibliographic Register can be made at this time. If a person is marked with a link in a transcribed text, this link leads directly to the biogram in the Bio-bibliographical Register.
If you have questions referring to the manuscripts please contact the archivist Dr. Jürgen Gröschl.