Manuscripts / Autographs
Here selected manuscripts and autographs from the holdings of the Archive of the Francke Foundations are presented in digital format. Transcriptions for specific documents are also shown.
At present, the following topics can be found:
- Manuscripts from the time of the Reformation
- Letters concerning Züllichau/Sulechów and the orphanage there
- Letters of the first and the last pastor of the community of the Salzburger emigrants in Ebenezer, Georgia, in North America, Johann Martin Boltzius (1703-1765) and Johann Ernst Bergmann (1755-1824)
- Manuscripts of the Danish-Halle Mission with selected palm leaf manuscripts
- Oriental manuscripts
- Medieval manuscripts
- Letters of Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- Letters of Alexander von Humboldt
- Letters of Henrik Steffens
- Letters and manuscripts from the estate of the geologist Christian Keferstein
For a comprising research in all documents of the archive please use the Archive Database.
If you have questions referring to the manuscripts please contact the archivist Dr. Jürgen Gröschl.